Start Your Own Business
Here’s a roadmap to register and license your business in Washington State.
Business Planning & Financial Statements Template Gallery
These tools can be your first step towards small business success. Find business planning, finance, sales, marketing, and management templates & guides then get advice from a SCORE mentor for one-on-one assistance along the way.
Build Your Business Plan
This is a secure, online toolset for creating your business plan created by the Small Business Administration. Complete each section of SBA’s Business Plan Tool at your own pace. Save your work at any time and pick up where you left off the next time you log into the tool. Your information will be saved for up to six months after your last login date.
Analyze Your Business
If you are a small business owner, you need to know how your business stacks up against the competition in order to succeed. SizeUp on the SBA website will help you manage and grow your business by benchmarking it against competitors, mapping your customers, competitors and suppliers, and locating the best places to advertise.
Can’t find what you need? Click here for more.
Run & Grow Business
- When is a Good Time to Open a Second Location of Your Bar or Restaurant?
- ExpertAnswers: Tips for Getting Organized
- Best Practice for Selling Your Business
- 10 Inside Secrets to Grow a Business in Tough Times
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Should I Buy a Franchise?
- 10 Steps to Protecting Your Ideas
- Business Planning & Financial Statements Template Gallery
- Writing a Strong Business Plan
- There Are a Variety of Ways to Structure a Corporation or LLC
- What Age is Best to Start a Business?
- Achieve Your Startup Goals with Tips from a Millionaire Mom
- How to Create a Comprehensive Business Plan
- 7 Places to Find Your Own Small Business Mentor
- The First Question To Ask In Successfully Commercializing A New Product
- Earn Green By Going Green
- The Work/Life Balance: Is it Possible?
- Traits of a Great Employer
- 10 Ways to Build a Positive Vibe in Your Business
- Americans With Disabilities Act Compliance Tips
Finance & Money
- Top 10 Account Collection Mistakes
- Top 10 Tax Tips for Small and Growing Businesses
- Find the Fair Market Value of a Business
- Five Sources of Quick Cash
- How to Pay Business Debts You Can’t Afford
- Financial Projections Template
- Start-Up Expenses
- Opening Day Balance Sheet
- Balance Sheet (Projected)
- Bank Loan Request for Small Business
- Loan Amortization Schedule
- Break-Even Analysis
- 12-Month Cash Flow Statement
- 3-Year Cash Flow Statement
- Financial History & Ratios
- Personal Financial Statement
- 12-Month Profit and Loss Projection
- 3-Year Profit and Loss Projection
- Five Marketing Must Haves for Small Businesses
- Sales Call Planning Guide
- 6 Golden Rules for Bad Online Reviews
- Why Small Businesses are Embracing Mobile Marketing
- 10 Ways to Supercharge your Email Marketing