[ View The Webinar ]
Writing a business plan can be daunting, but the Business Model Canvas makes the process easier.
In this webinar, SCORE mentor Marc Goldberg will explain the Business Model Canvas (BMC), a one-page document that allows you to test and validate the key parts of your business in a manageable format.
He will also offer tips on how to use the Business Model Canvas to develop a full business plan should you need one in the future.
Free Workbook and Online Workshop Series
Make a smart start on your business idea with the Simple Steps for Starting Your Business series by SCORE mentors, sponsored by Canon, U.S.A.
Watch the online workshop modules and download the free guide to get practical information and exercises that will help you determine whether starting a small business is right for you.
Take the Online Course
- Module 1: Startup Basics
- Module 2: Business Concept
- Module 3: Marketing Plan
- Module 4: Financial Projections
- Module 5: Funding Sources and Next Steps
Download the Guide (here)
You’re running your own business, and you’re busier than ever. You don’t want to turn work away, but you’re already spread too thin. So you’ve started to wonder: Is it time to hire your first employee?
Becoming an employer is a big decision. You don’t want to hire staff unless it’s absolutely necessary. But if you’re too swamped to keep up, your work will suffer, and you’ll lose the solid customer base you’ve worked so hard to build.
How to know when it’s time to hire.
Becoming a boss is a great idea if your business has grown enough to justify it. Make sure you’re hiring someone for the right reasons. Continue reading
This workshop is designed to help the businesses in your community get found on Google Search and Maps for free, using Google My Business.
- 5 Strategies to Maximize the Profit from Selling Your Business – September 15 at 1:00pm EDT / 10:00am PDT
- The Value of Time Management – a Business Asset – September 22 at 1:00pm EDT / 10:00am PDT
- Is Your Business in the Black or in the Dark – September 29 at 2:00pm EDT / 11:00am PDT
- Rules of Thumb with Fast Company’s Co-Founder Alan Webber – October 6 at 1:00pm EDT / 10:00am PDT
- How to Identify and Select Your Ideal Business – October 11 at 1:00pm EDT / 10:00am PDT
- How Savvy Business Owners Use Value Creation to Build Wildly Successful Companies
- 5 Ways to Prioritize What Social Network Your Business Should Invest In
- Search Engine Marketing Tips from a Google Pro
- 6 Ways to Grow Your Business Through Blogging
- Maximize Your Social Media Presence with Minimal Time
- Power Networking to Generate Sales and Make Relevant Connections
- Out on a Limb: Smart Ways to Reduce Your Risk in Business
Have you ever wanted answers outside of “normal working hours?” Have you ever wondered what the SBA was all about, but not wanted to call the customer service line?
The online learning center might just be for you. There are more than 50 different training courses including a range of topics:
The courses are all self-paced, many times offering worksheets and takeaways designed to help you strengthen and grow your knowledge in entrepreneurship. Learn about everything the SBA has to offer online in the Learning Center.