SCORE celebrates your small business success, and we want to share your story to help inspire others.
By spreading the word about SCORE through your own social networks, you will help other entrepreneurs to learn about our free, expert mentoring and educational programming, all of which are designed to help small business owners achieve their dreams.
There are several potential benefits to you for participating in this campaign:
- Your post may be shared on SCORE National’s social media pages (with a combined following of approximately 100,000 people).
- You may be contacted to expand your story for use on www.score.org, which has more than 200,000 unique users each month.
- Your company may be profiled in SCORE national marketing and press that can reach millions of people.
- You may be featured in local chapter marketing, where your name, logo, and website would be shared with thousands of potential new customers.
by Valarie Harris, Varris Marketing
This story is all about my $87 Aha!! Moment. I have been in Marketing since 2011, with an official launch of Varris Marketing in 2012. Things started off slow, but headed in the right direction, so I thought. Year-end profit numbers came in and I only made $87. I chalked it up to first year jitters. So, with the brand-new year here, I made some changes, thinking, hoping, and praying that my year end results would be better, I mean, they had to be right? To my surprise and amazement, my year ended making the exact same amount as the previous year, $87. Unbelievable right? I suddenly became frustrated and discouraged.
I decided to take the next year off to figure out what the heck was going on, what was I doing wrong and how to fix it, because not only was my business tanking, so was my personal life. I thought offering rock bottom prices would get me more clients and it did, but way too many. I also thought that doing everything that operating a business entails would keep cost down and save money, wrong again, that just kept me working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, neglecting my clients, my home, my kids, my husband and myself. I had more money leaving my bank account than was coming in, and that’s when my AHA moment happened.
Grant Furness is one of our local SCORE clients, and his company is called Western Coatings. He installs epoxy floor coatings. According to his website, “epoxy makes for a beautiful, durable and easy to clean floor.
For modern living spaces, garage floors, mechanic shops and industrial facilities, epoxy flooring is a great choice!” We asked for a brief list of services he provides, and he said:
- epoxy floor coatings
- polished concrete/ grind & seal
- crack/joint/small repair
- deck coatings
- water & vapor problems
- concrete resurfacing
To learn more, you can visit his website… https://western-coatings.com
Is it time to share what you do with hundreds of local SCORE clients? If so, send us an email.
And Take These 5 Steps to Prepare for an Update…
by Lane Sennett, Online Website & Cloud Technology Specialist
The FIVE Questions
Here’s how to know if you need a website update:
- Just look at it! Does it look modern like the websites you click on when you see something interesting? Is it easy to look at? And, how does it look on a mobile device?
- Is the information it provides up to date? For your hours, location, offers, or services?
- Are the images or video’s recent? Have you added any content in the last 30 days?
- Are you hearing any comments or complaints about how your website works or its content?Ask your staff – what have they heard and what do they think?
- Or, is it just crickets? No comments, and not sending you any customers? Is it only a brochure that tells people your phone number and services without a call to action?
If you answered NO, to 2 or more of these questions – then your business can benefit from a website update, redesign or total overhaul. There is so much more your website can do for your business, and for the marketing dollars you are spending on it.