SCORE celebrates your small business success, and we want to share your story to help inspire others.
By spreading the word about SCORE through your own social networks, you will help other entrepreneurs to learn about our free, expert mentoring and educational programming, all of which are designed to help small business owners achieve their dreams.
There are several potential benefits to you for participating in this campaign:
- Your post may be shared on SCORE National’s social media pages (with a combined following of approximately 100,000 people).
- You may be contacted to expand your story for use on www.score.org, which has more than 200,000 unique users each month.
- Your company may be profiled in SCORE national marketing and press that can reach millions of people.
- You may be featured in local chapter marketing, where your name, logo, and website would be shared with thousands of potential new customers.
If you have a successful business and would like to expand into federal government contracting, SCORE is here to help. SCORE is America’s premier source of free, confidential small business advice. It was founded in 1964 as a nonprofit resource partner of the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The Kitsap Branch of SCORE has volunteers who are experienced in government contracting. They are available to help you achieve your goals without charge. Our Subject Matter Experts have more than 29 years of government contracting experience.
They can help you get registered and certified to receive government contracts. They can assist you in understanding the pre-award requirements and steps you must take. When you have been awarded a contract, they can help you make sure you are meeting the contract’s requirements. And, at the end of the day, their goal is to help you get a great performance evaluation and more government contracts.
Meet our government contracting subject matter experts:
— Terry Homburg
— Paul Park
If you want your business to thrive and grow in this digital era, you need to have a strong online presence, especially if you work from home. Home-based businesses do not get foot traffic – unlike companies with stores or offices. But, the internet has leveled the playing field for entrepreneurs, working from home or elsewhere, so you have to take advantage of increasing your reach by improving your online presence. And the sooner you do it, the better. You don’t want to be left in the dust by your competitors, do you?
Here are six strategies to improve your online presence:
1. Create a Professional Website and SEO-Optimize It
Since you don’t have a shop or office accessible to the public, it may be difficult for people to find you. Therefore, investing in a website is crucial to you as a home-based business. Take note that it must look and function professionally. If it is designed poorly or has technical malfunctions, visitors might perceive your business as a scam. If you don’t have the budget to pay for an expert web developer, you can opt to build it yourself using drag-and-drop website builders – like Wix or Weebly — which are easy to use even for those without experience creating websites.
Once your website’s up and running, you need to optimize it for SEO. Basically, that means getting your site to rank higher on search engine results. Having a website that doesn’t show up on the first few pages of search engines – like Google or Bing – is like having a store in a ghost town that nobody sees or knows. To optimize your website’s SEO data, you need to create content that use keywords for the type of services or products you offer. Also, you will also have a higher chance of improving your site ranking if you have other websites linking to yours. There are plenty of tools that you can use to help you optimize your site for search engines. Continue reading
Grant Furness is one of our local SCORE clients, and his company is called Western Coatings. He installs epoxy floor coatings. According to his website, “epoxy makes for a beautiful, durable and easy to clean floor.
For modern living spaces, garage floors, mechanic shops and industrial facilities, epoxy flooring is a great choice!” We asked for a brief list of services he provides, and he said:
- epoxy floor coatings
- polished concrete/ grind & seal
- crack/joint/small repair
- deck coatings
- water & vapor problems
- concrete resurfacing
To learn more, you can visit his website… https://western-coatings.com
Is it time to share what you do with hundreds of local SCORE clients? If so, send us an email.
And Take These 5 Steps to Prepare for an Update…
by Lane Sennett, Online Website & Cloud Technology Specialist
The FIVE Questions
Here’s how to know if you need a website update:
- Just look at it! Does it look modern like the websites you click on when you see something interesting? Is it easy to look at? And, how does it look on a mobile device?
- Is the information it provides up to date? For your hours, location, offers, or services?
- Are the images or video’s recent? Have you added any content in the last 30 days?
- Are you hearing any comments or complaints about how your website works or its content?Ask your staff – what have they heard and what do they think?
- Or, is it just crickets? No comments, and not sending you any customers? Is it only a brochure that tells people your phone number and services without a call to action?
If you answered NO, to 2 or more of these questions – then your business can benefit from a website update, redesign or total overhaul. There is so much more your website can do for your business, and for the marketing dollars you are spending on it. Continue reading