Under general supervision, assist library users with one-on-one instruction about basic computer use, internet use, and access to the library’s electronic services including downloadable library content.
- Guide library users with computer topics such as hardware components, keyboarding and mouse, basic operation system navigation, basic software navigation, file storage and file system navigation, using USB and other external storage devices, and helping with basic tablet and smartphone navigation.
- Guide library users with internet topics such as web browsers, web search engines, basics of web-based email services, basics on online social media services, basics of cloud computing services, and basic internet safety and security practices.
- Guide library users with library downloaded content using relevant software applications, which currently include downloadable library books, magazines, and music files.
- Assist with program set-up and take down, including managing of furniture and equipment.
- Familiar with computer hardware, software, and peripherals. Experience with Windows operating systems and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred. Experience with Apple products such as iPhones and MacBook’s preferred.
- Possess sufficient understanding of the internet to help users get started on the web.
- Communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing, and follow written or oral procedural instructions respectfully and accurately.
- Interact positively with patrons and other library staff.
- Work independently, with a team member, or as part of a team.
- Able to maintain reliable and good attendance.
Contact Carina Wood, Adult Services Librarian, at 360-692-2779.