Small Business Concerns owned and controlled by service-disabled veterans has been established under The Veterans Bene ts Act of 2003 – Public Law 108-183. This act assists federal agencies in meeting the 3% veteran contracting goal.
Federal contracting of cers may now set-aside or award sole- source contracts to Service-Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVO) Small Business Concerns (SBC).
- 51% or more owned by one or more service-disabled veterans.
- Management and daily business operations is controlled by one or more service-disabled veterans or the spouse of such veteran if the veteran is permanently and severely disabled.
- At the time of contract offer, an SDVO SBC is small as defined by the size standard corresponding to the NAICS code (13 CFR 121.201) assigned to the contract.
Small business concerns self-certify. You should obtain a letter from the VA certifying that you are a service-disabled veteran in the event another business protests your award.
Department of Veterans Affairs http://www.vip.vetbiz.gov
Register with the VA and submit additional documentation. As a registered Veteran-Owned and Service-Disabled businesses you will receive:
- Priority contracting opportunities under VA’s Veterans First Buy- ing Authority.
- Special consideration from prime contractors and federal gov- ernment agencies.
- Notices of contracting opportunities.
Contact for U.S. Dept of VA/The Center for Veterans Enterprise
email@example.com or 866-584-2344 or 202-303-3260
Regional contacts for Veterans
SBA Veteran Representative
Training programs for Veterans, Reservists and their families.
Veteran Fast Launch
SCORE offers veterans and their spouses a scholarship to take up to $125 worth of SCORE workshops. Provides workshops, online tools and templates, and “Simple Steps for Starting Your Business”.
Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities (EBV)
For Service Disabled veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan who want to start or grow small businesses. Held at seven business schools around the U.S.
Women Veterans Igniting the Spirit of Entrepreneurship (V-WISE)
http://whitman.syr.edu/vwise – firstname.lastname@example.org
For Women Veterans. Progam consists of a 3-day conferences, online training and support from SCORE, SBDC, WBC, and VBOC. Conference will be held inSeattle-Fall 2013.
Operation Endure and Grow
For National Guard and Reserve members and families. Provides online and in-person business counseling, training and mentoring.