Do you dream of being your own boss? If you want to start a business, but aren’t quite ready to give up your job and its accompanying security, salary and benefits, don’t worry; you don’t have to. Working full time doesn’t have to mean giving up on your entrepreneurial dreams. In fact, starting a business while working full time is a great way to test the waters of entrepreneurship and gradually grow your startup into a full-time business.
- STEP 1: Select a Business
- STEP 2: Write Your Business Plan
- STEP 3: Goal Setting and Planning
- STEP 4: Choose Your Marketing Methods
- STEP 5: Figure Out Your Finances
Part 2: Get Set
- STEP 6: Know the Rules 10
- STEP 7: Set Up Your First Office
- STEP 8: Business Licenses, Taxes and Insurance
- STEP 9: Invest in Your Image
- STEP 10: Find Your First Customers
- STEP 11: Manage Your Money
- STEP 12: Manage Your Time
- STEP 13: Manage Your Energy Level
- STEP 14: Create Work/Life Balance
- STEP 15: Work Your Business Network
Part 3: Start
- STEP 16: Go for It!
Authored for SCORE by The UPS Store
With more than 4,300 locations, The UPS Store comprises the nation’s largest franchise system of retail shipping, postal, printing and business service centers. Because each location is run by a small business owner, they understand the challenges and rewards of running your own business. In addition to packing and shipping services, your locally owned The UPS Store offers professional printing services, mailboxes with a real street address, notary, direct mail services, and more.